Tests of metallurgical products
Metallurgical products are distinguished mainly by its shape, material and purpose of use. A complete overview of metallurgical products can be found in standard EN 10079. Usually we see the following:
- Plates, sheets, strips, wide steel
- Round and profile bars
- Seamless and welded pipes and tubes for pressure equipment, media transport, engineering
- Reinforcing steel
- Special products and derived products
The requirements for material properties and testing of metallurgical products are listed in the technical specification as national and international standards, but also as special specification e.g. for nuclear power industry, automotive industry, shipbuilding, etc. The most commonly used standards for metallurgical products are as follow (abbreviated title):
- EN 10025: Hot rolled products of structural steels - Part1 to 6
- EN 10277: Bright steel products - Partt 1 to 5
- EN 10028: Flat products made of steels for pressure purposes - Part 1 to 7
- EN 10083: Steels for quenching and tempering - Part 1 to 3
- EN 10088: Stainless steels - Part 1 to 5
- EN 10216: Seamless steel tubes for pressure purposes - Part 1 to 5
- EN 10217: Welded steel tubes for pressure purposes - Part 1 to 7
- EN 10210: Hot finished structural hollows
Due to the diverse range of types of metallurgical products of steel and non-ferrous materials is suitable to use universal form to requirements of tests. The data in the form header will be written to the test report. The accreditation of our laboratory covers all the basic tests of the material properties.
The size of the test samples delivered to the laboratory shall correspond to the required tests and dimension of test specimens. To specify the tests, number and dimension of test samples we recommend to contact our specialist.
The price of the tests of metallurgical products is based on our valid price list.